In the era of digitalization, learners can no longer be onboard with only traditional style learning. In modern training development, self-paced learning is quickly becoming an active method of learning. Also known as ‘self-directed learning’, it allows the users to work in a way which suits their learning style. It facilitates the learners to decide the pace and timing of their learning. In this way, the user is given optimal flexibility to incorporate their training according to their schedule.
Knowledge is power and product knowledge can be the vehicle to increased sales. Most of the organisations provide classroom training courses to impart knowledge about the product. But using e-learning for the same is a more flexible choice. It not only reduces the cost of training, but also helps to overcome different hurdles of product training.In order to sell a product, an employee must be confident about it. Therefore, educating and training employees about the product is an important part for the success of the organisation.
WHY CHOOSE E-LEARNING FOR PRODUCT TRAINING?
- Language barrier- With distributors and employees across the world, language plays a huge barrier for the dispersed audience. E-learning allows the learners to access training in their preferred languages. The training can also be localised to regional languages of the learners.
- Byte-sized learning- Small nuggets of information can be created for quick learning. Instead of engaging learners in a long learning process, byte-sized learning can make learning quick and easy.
- Geographically scattered- Partners,vendors,distributors and employees are located around the globe. Product training through e-learning keeps the users updated about the product. Irrespective of their locations and time zones, users can access the training whenever they want to.
- Content modality- Instead of using text only, infographics are used to enhance the quality of the content. The courses can also be accompanied by voiceovers to decrease the screen-time. Moreover, animations, and videos are also used to make learning engaging.
- Offline resources- A range of easy to download material can be provided with the course. This method will allow the learners to study offline. It will facilitate the learners flexible learning.
- Customization- E-learning for product training can be customised to meet the needs of the different departments. As product knowledge required for a sales job is different from a marketing job. Therefore, e-learning provides an option for customized content and format, which increases its credibility.
E-learning has lifted a lot of barriers that were limited by the classroom training. When created with accurate strategies, e-learning can be very beneficial for product training. Learners can undertake training whenever and wherever they prefer. Apart from textual knowledge, e-learning includes videos, images, animations etc. to enhance the quality of the course.